Fish Population Dynamics (90 - 92; 94 - 95; 97-2001) = 15/30
Fish Biology Optional Course, Department of Fisheries Biology
Limnology & Oceanography (1987)
Assessment of water pollution
Biological indicators of water quality
B.Sc. Special Degree Programme (1985 - 1999)
Environmental pollution with special reference to Aquatic ecosystems; Water purification & wastewater treatment systems (1986 - 1995, 1998, 1999: 15 lectures)
Limnology - Assessment of water quality by chemical and biological methods (1986 -
Molluscan culture (1994 - 2004)
Farm waste treatment & waste water aquaculture (1998 - 1999)
Environmental Impact Assessment (1996)
Limnology & Oceanography (1997 – 1999)
B.Sc. General Degree Programme (2001 - 2005)
Fresh water & Brackish water ecology - 24/40
Fish Biology / Aquaculture
Fish population dynamics - (2002) 11/40
Ornithology and Animal Behaviour
Conservation and Management of Biological Resources of Sri Lanka
Assessment and Management of Environment - 34/40
B.Sc. Special Degree Programme (2001 - 2005)
Estuaries & lagoons
Fish population dynamics
Limnology - Assessment of water quality
Environmental management & impact of aquaculture
Ornamental fish industry
Environmental Impact Assessment
B.Sc. General Degree Programme (2004 – to date)
ZOO 3142 - Ecosystem Ecology II
Anthropogenic effect on aquatic media
Brackish water ecology
ZOO 3172 – Ornithology (the entire course unit is conducted by me)
ZOO 3182 - Animal behaviour
ZOO 3252 - Environment Impact Assessment
ZOO 3272 - Environmental Pollution and Toxicology
ZOO 3282 - Wetland Management and Conservation
B.Sc. Special Degree Programme (2006 – to date)
Level I & II:
ZOO 4044 - Ecosystem Ecology II
ZOO 4073 - Animal Behaviour
ZOO 4083 - Ornithology (entirely)
ZOO 4092 - Conservation and Management of Biological Resources
(½ of the unit)
ZOO 4164 - Conservation and Management of Environment
(the entire course unit is conducted by me)
ZOO 4203 - Culture of Selected Aquatic animals
(1/3 of the unit)
ZOO 4134 - Subject specialization
Environmental Science - (1/5 of the unit)
ZOO 4236 - Research projects
Supervision of one or two research project as needed
Post Graduate projects supervised
W.A.H.P. Guruge (2003). Ph. D. ‘Distribution, feeding ecology and ecomorphology of major co-occurring fish species in an ancient South Eastern Sri Lankan reservoir: the Tissawewa’. Supervisor
Co supervisor: Dr. J. (Koos) Vijverberg
E.P.S. Chandana (2004). M.Phil. ‘A study of selected ecological aspects of the aquatic environment and some sociological aspects in Bundala National Park – A Ramsar Wetland in Sri Lanka’. Co supervisor
Co supervisor: Dr. L.A. Samayawardhena
P.U.U. Fernando. (1998). M. Sc. ‘Bird community structure as a Bio-indicator to assess the sustainability of four agroecosystems in Matara district, Sri Lanka’. M. Sc. in Management of Natural Resources & Sustainable Agriculture (MNRSA) Noragric – NLH Agricultural University of Norway. Co supervisor
Principal supervisor: Dr. Svein Dale
H.L. Hemanthi (2003). M. Sc. ‘Water quality in selected rural tanks in Matara District in relation to anthropogenic activities’. M.Sc. in Science Education – PGIS, University of Peradeniya. Co supervisor
Principal supervisor: Dr. K.B. Suneetha
K.G. Rasika Dharmasri (2005). M. Sc. ‘Impacts of anthropogenic activities on the water quality and fish of “Madola” stream, Galle’. M.Sc. in Fisheries and Aquatic Resource Development, University of Sri Jayawardhenapura. supervisor
Chandima Manorie Weerasekara (2005). ‘Maturity percentage of Sardinella sp. caught in gill net fishery in the Matara district’. M. Sc. in Fisheries and Aquatic Resource Development, University of Sri Jayawardhenapura Co supervisor
S.L. Domingo (2005). M. Sc. ‘Guide to identify marine food fishes available at some selected markets / landing sites in South Western and Southern coasts of Sri Lanka’. M. Sc. in Science Education – PGIS, University of Peradeniya. supervisor
S.W.K. Alahakoon. (2005). M. Sc. ‘Analysis of problems of G.C.E. A/L Science students and teachers in conducting projects and suggestions for overcoming’. M. Sc. in Science Education – PGIS, University of Peradeniya. Co supervisor
Co supervisor: Prof. W.G. Kularatne
A.V. Hemajith Tharindra. (2011). ‘The potential of an ecotourism destination; An assessment of Kanneliya Forest Reserve’. M.A. in Conflict, Peace & Development Studies, CPDS programme, Tribuvan University, Nepal. Co supervisor
Co supervisor: Prof. Oscar Amarasinghe
Undergraduate research supervision
B. Sc. Special Degree research projects in University of Ruhuna:
• Food and feeding habits of Pseudarius jella (Day) and Macrones gulio (Hamilton – Buchanan) in the estuarine region of the Nilwala River, Matara.
Candidate: Miss. K.B. Suneetha (1990)
• The effect of tamarind extracts and potassium sorbate on the growth of bacteria, fungi and pathogens in fish processing.
Candidate: Mr. Wimal Ubhayasekera (1996)
Main supervisor: Dr. Vinodini Jayaweera, NARA
Co-supervisor: Dr. P.R.T. Cumaranatunga
• Influence of water quality and substrate characteristics on the distribution of fish species in some selected tributaries of Nilwala river basin.
Candidate: Mr. P.M.C.S. De Silva (2000)
• Determination of nutritional values of six selected fish species in Southern region.
Candidate: Miss. M.N.F. Ruweena (2002)
• Influence of substrate and physico-chemical parameters on fish distribution in upper and middle catchment of “Gin Ganga” river drainage basin.
Candidate: Mr. Dinesh Gajamange (2002)
• Study of mangrove crabs in selected mangrove forests: The relationship between habitat characteristics and their occurrence.
Candidate: Mr. R.G.K. Vijaya Kumara (2003)
o Problems and constraints in solid wastes disposal and management in Matara Municipal area.
Candidate: Mr. H.M.A.U. Bandara (2005)
o Distribution and abundance of avifauna in selected habitats of the Oliyagankele Forest Reserve, Wilpita, Matara.
Candidate: Mr. D.P.T.R. Wijewardane (2005)
o Study of fish fauna in the streams of Oliyagankele Forest Reserve and in Lenabatuwa tank.
Candidate: Miss. N.U. Kumari (2005)
o A quality assessment of the Pattiyapola wewa by using physical, chemical and biological parameters.
Candidate: Miss. W.M.S.R. Wijesundara (2006)
o Assessment of the quality of drinking water at the source prior to purification and following the treatment at Malimbada and Nadugala water purification centers.
Candidate : H.L.S.H.M. Liyanage (2014)
Co-supervisor : Dr. W.A.H.P. Guruge
o Comparative study of soil and litter macrofauna in three different habitats in Mawarala MAB forest reserve in Matara district in Sri Lanka.
Candidate : W.P.N.S. Chandrapadma (2014)
Co-supervisors : Prof. M.G.V. Wickramasinghe & Dr. W.A.H.P. Guruge
o Comparative study on ectoparasites in Gold fish (Carassius auratus) and Koi carp (Cyprinus carpio) during two seasons at Rambodagalle Ornamental Fish Breeding and Training Center.
Candidate : B.G.D. Sumudini (2014)
Principal Supervisor : Dr. D.H.N. Munasinghe
External supervisor: Mr. W.P.R. Chandrarathna
B. Sc. Special Degree research projects in Faculty of Applied Sciences, Rajarata University of Sri Lanka
• Identification of potential fish species to be developed into new fish resources in Anuradhapura district; with special reference to nutrient analysis of some selected fish species.
Candidate: Mr. D.S.B. Dissanayake (2012)
B.Sc. General Degree research projects in the Open University of Sri Lanka
o A study of indigenous fish fauna and benthos at different sites of Madola stream in Galle District.
Candidate: Miss. K.G. Rasika Dharmasri (1998)
o Aquatic animal diversity as an environmental quality measure of Dandeniya-Aparakke Forest Reserve in Southern Sri Lanka.
Candidate: J.P.J. Manamperi 2012
Co-supervisor : Dr. W.A.H.P. Guruge
Sumuduni B.G.D., Munasinghe D.H.N., Chandrarathna W.P.R. and Amarasinghe N.J. De S. (2015). Seasonal variation and site specificity of external parasites in goldfish (Carassius auratus L.) and koi carp (Cyprinus carpio L.) in Rambodagalle Ornamental Fish Breeding Center, Sri Lanka. Ruhuna Journal of Science, Vol. 6:13-20, June 2015.
De Silva B.C.J., H.W. Gayathri R., H.M. Nilmini N.H., A.M. Pathum S., W.D. Chathuranga L.S., Ranasinghage Mahesh B.R., Amarasinghe N.J. De S., E.P.S. Chandana (2015). Notes on Lesser Whistling Duck and Other Aquatic Birds in “Kirala Kele” Sanctuary, Matara, Sri Lanka. International Journal of Animal Biology, Vol. 1, No. 5, 2015, pp. 215-218.
Sumuduni, B.G.D., Munasinghe, D.H.N., Chandrarathna, W.P.R. and De S. Amarasinghe, N.J. (2014). Relationship between condition factor and external parasite density of Gold fish (Carassius auratus (Linnnaeus, 1758)) and Koi carp (Cyprinus carpio (Linnaeus, 1758)) during dry and wet seasons. International Journal of Current Research, Vol. 6, Issue, 09, pp 8282 – 8285, September, 2014.
Chandana E.P.S., Dayasiri P.B.I.A.K. and Amarasinghe N.J. De S. (2014). A note on fish diversity in the major lagoons of Bundala National park – A Ramsar wetland in Sri Lanka – An insight to wetland degradation. Research Journal of Animal, Veterinary and Fishery Sciences, Vol. 2(5), 10 – 13, May 2014.
Dayasiri P.B.I.A.K., Chandana E.P.S. and Amarasinghe N.J. De S. (2014). A note on snail diversity in selected areas of “Kirala Kele” eco-touring zone in Southern Sri Lanka. International Journal of Science, Environment and Technology. Vol. 3, No. 1, 2014, 1 – 9
W.G.K.H. Samarasekara, E.P.S. Chandana and N.J. de S. Amarasinghe (2013). A note on bird-habitat relationship in Kirala Kele, Sri Lanka. TAPROBANICA, ISSN 1800-427X, April 2013. Vol. 05, No. 01. Pp 97 - 98
Chandana, E.P.S., Amarasinghe, N.J. De S. & Samayawardhena, L.A. (2008). Factors affecting the avi-faunal distribution in the three lagoons (Malala, Embillakala and Bundala Lewaya) of Bundala National Park (A Ramsar wetland) in Sri Lanka. Ruhuna Journal of Science Vol. 3, September 2008, pp 34 – 43
De Silva, P.M.C.S., Amarasinghe N.J.D.S. (2008). Assesment of Dimethote toxicity on compost worm (Eisenia andrei) using earthworm avoidance test. Tropical Agriculture Research. Vol. 20, 25- 33 (2008).
Guruge, W.A.H.P. and Amarasinghe, N.J. De S. (2007). Food resource utilization of three co-occurring carnivorous fish species in a shallow lowland reservoir in South Eastern Sri Lanka: Approach to minimize competition. Proceedings of Taal 2007: 12th World Lake Conference; Conserving Lakes & Wetlands for Future, JAIPUR (India), held from 28 October - 2 November 2007. Pp 141 – 148
Guruge, W.A.H.P., Amarasinghe, N.J. de. S. and Rasika Dharmasri, K.G. (2007). Preliminary investigation on anthropogenic impacts on the water quality and biota of “Madola” stream, Hiyare, Galle. Proceedings of the Fourth Academic Sessions, University of Ruhuna, pp 177 – 186
Chandana E.P.S., Amarasinghe N.J. De S. and Samayawardhena L.A. (2005). Limnological variation of three lagoons: a case study from a Ramsar Wetland in Sri Lanka. Proceedings of the 3rd Science Symposium, Univ. of Ruhuna, November 2005. pp 69 – 84.
Bandara H.M.A.U. and Amarasinghe N.J. De. S. (2005). Problems and constraints in solid wastes disposal and management in the Matara municipal area. Proceedings of the 3rd Science Symposium, Faculty of Science, University of Ruhuna, November 2005. pp 85 – 98.
Wijewardane D.P.T.R. and Amarasinghe N.J. De S. (2005). Distribution and abundance of avifauna in selected habitats of the Oliyagankele forest reserve, Wilpita in the Matara district. Proceedings of the 3rd Science Symposium, Univ. of Ruhuna pp. 107 – 122.
Kumari N.U., Amarasinghe N. J. De S. and Guruge W.A.H.P. (2005). Study of fish fauna in the streams of Oliyagankele forest reserve and in Lenabatuwa tank. Proceedings of the 3rd Science Symposium, Faculty of Science, University of Ruhuna. pp. 123 – 140.
Wimal A.H.P. Guruge, Nallahandhi J. De S. Amarasinghe, Pallage M.C.S. De Silva & Colamba H. Priyantha (2003). Water Quality Monitoring Using Macroinvertebrates as Biological Indicators in Streams of Nilwala River Basin, Sri Lanka. Chiang Mai Journal of Science 2003; 30(3): 219 – 226.
P.U.U. Fernando and N.J. De S. Amarasinghe (2002). Species abundance distributions of bird communities in four agroecosystems. Journal of Tropical Agricultural Research and Extension 5 (1 & 2): 2002. pp. 68-71.
Conference/ Symposium abstracts:
More than 60 abstracts published in proceedings.
Current Position :
• Professor in Zoology, University of Ruhuna, Matara, Sri Lanka, since 05th November 2007.
Positions held :
(i). Academic positions: University of Ruhuna
• Served as a Demonstrator in Zoology at the University of Colombo, Sri Lanka, from September 1979 to March 1980.
• Served as a Probationary Assistant Lecturer in Zoology at the University of Ruhuna, Matara, Sri Lanka, from March 1980 to October 1985 (postgraduate study leave period included).
• Served as a Lecturer in Zoology at the University of Ruhuna, Matara, Sri Lanka, from November 1985 to December 1987.
• Senior Lecturer (Grade II) in Zoology, at the University of Ruhuna, Matara, Sri Lanka, from January 1988 to October 1991.
• Senior Lecturer (Grade I) in Zoology, University of Ruhuna, Matara, Sri Lanka, from 01st November 1991 – 04th November 2007.
Other national Universities
(a) Open University of Sri Lanka (OUSL)
• Visiting academic for B. Sc. Degree programme in the Open University of Sri Lanka - Regional Center, Matara from 1st February 1995 to 31st May 2012.
• Senior Lecturer Grade I in Zoology on contract basis from 15th April 1996 to 14th August 1997 Open University Regional Center at Matara (during the sabbatical leave).
• Senior Consultant in the Faculty of Natural Sciences, Open University of Sri Lanka, Regional Center, Matara from 15.08.1997 to October 2001; from 1st February 2011 to 31st July 2011; from 15th November 2012 to 14th May 2013.
• External Member of the Faculty Board of the Faculty of Natural Sciences, Open University of Sri Lanka, nominated by the said Faculty Board since November 2013 to date.
(b) Rajarata University of Sri Lanka (RUSL)
• Professor on contract basis Department of Biological Sciences, Rajarata University of Sri Lanka from 15th August 2010 to 30th June 2012 (during the sabbatical leave).
• Visiting lecturer in ZOO 4309 Fish health management and ZOO 4306 Aquaculture Engineering at the Department of Biology, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Rajarata University of Sri Lanka, Mihinthalae from November 2012 to March 2014.
• Question paper Moderator & Second Marking Examiner of number of course unit conducted by the Department of Biology, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Rajarata University of Sri Lanka, Mihinthalae from August 2010 to date.
(ii). Administrative positions
• University of Ruhuna: Head / Department of Zoology
(a) from 15th February 1994 to 15th April 1996
(b) from 26th September 1997 to December 1998
(c) from 15th October 2009 to 30th November 2009
(d) from 1st January 2002 to April 2002.
• Dean of the Faculty of Science, University of Ruhuna from 08th December 1998 to 18th June 2001.
• Member of the Council of the University of Ruhuna (more than eight years)
(a). from December 1998 to June 2001 (as the Dean of the Faculty of Science)
(b). from 09th August 2010 to date (as the Senate nominee)
• Member of the Senate of the University of Ruhuna (more than 20 years)
(a). from October 1993 to February 1994 (as the Science Faculty Board Nominee)
(b). from February 1994 to April 1996 (as the Head, Department of Zoology)
(c). from October 1997 to December 1998 (as the Head, Department of Zoology)
(d). from December 1998 to June 2001 (As the Dean, Faculty of Science)
(e). from January 2002 to April 2002 (as the Head, Department of Zoology)
(f). from March 2004 to March 2007 (as the Science Faculty Board Nominee)
(g). from June 2007 to June 2008 (as the Science Faculty Board Nominee)
(h). From June 2008 to date (as the Professor in Zoology)
• Director of CINTA (Center for International Affairs) from 15th May 2007 to 30th June 2010.
• Acting Director of the Center for Modern Languages and Civilizations from 01.08.2007 to 25.09.2008.
• Programme Coordinator – MA Degree in Conflict, Peace and Development Studies (CPDS) jointly conducted by the Tribuvan University in Nepal and University of Ruhuna in Sri Lanka from 1st September 2008 to 30th June 2010.
• Member of the Staff Development Centre (SDC), University of Ruhuna
(a). Founder member of the Executive Committee until 2001
(b). Science Faculty Representative November 2005 to December 2010.
• Coordinator of Higher Education for the Twenty-first Century (HETC); project University Development Grant (UDG) Sub Activity II – English Language from 25th February 2010 to 31st May 2011.
Membership in Professional / Scientific Societies
• Full member of Asian Fisheries Society (AFS) since 1987.
• Full member of Societie International Limnologique (SIL) since 1989.
• Life member of Inland Fisheries Society of India (IFSI) since 1990.
• Life member of Field Ornithology Group of Sri Lanka (FOGSL) since 1978.
• Member of Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science (SLAAS) since 1993.
• Full founder member of Sri Lanka Association for Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (SLAFAR) established in 1994.
• Full member of the Institute of Biology, Sri Lanka since September 2001.
Function as Office bearer in Academic and Professional Associations
• Executive Committee member of SLAAS Section D on 1997.
• Rapporteur of SLAAS Section D on 1998 & 1999.
• Executive Committee Member of SLAFAR on 1994 / 95, 1995 / 96.
• Elected Council member of the Institute of Biology in 2002 / 2003.
• Editor of the Institute of Biology for the year 2003/2004
• Coordinator of the SEC / SLAAS activities at the Southern Province, from 2000 to 2006.
Membership in National Committees:
• Member of the Editorial Committee on Fresh Water Fauna of Sri Lanka appointed by the Director General NARESA in 1987.
• Member of the Sectorial Committee on Fish and Fishery Products - Sri Lanka Standards Institution, Colombo (from 1992 to 1995).
• Member of the Curriculum Development committee for G.C.E. (A/L) Biology New Syllabus (appointed in January 1994) appointed by the Chairman, NIE, Maharagama.
• Member of the Technical review committee of the Wetland Site Report and Conservation Management Plan; Wirawila - Tissa Sanctuary and Yoda Wewa - Wetland Conservation Project conducted by the Natural Resources Management Division, Central Environmental Authority, Sri Lanka 1994.
• Member of the Standing Committee on Science from October 1999 December 1998 to June 2001 appointed by the Chairman of the University Grants Commission.
• Member of the Board of Directors of the National Aquaculture Development Authority of Sri Lanka from 20th March 1999 - 20th September 1999 appointed by the Hon. Minister of Fisheries & Aquatic Resources Development.
• Member of the Governing Board of the Post Graduate Institute of Science, Peradeniya from January 1999 to June 2001.
• Member of the Working Committee on Biological Sciences, National Science Foundation (NSF) from 01.01.2001 to 30.06.2002.
• Member of the Review Committee of the Department of Zoology, Univ. of Colombo, appointed by Prof. Savithri Goonesekere, Vice Chancellor, Univ. of Colombo in June 2001.
• Member of the General Research Committee of the SLAAS in 2000.
• Member of the Science Education Committee of the SLAAS from 2000 to 2005 and 2007.
• Member of the Special Committee on Science Communication, NSF from 01.07.2002 to 30.07.2003.
• Coordinator of the Regional activities of the Science Education Committee of Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science, at the Univ. of Ruhuna from 2000 to 2005.
• Reviewer of the final draft report of Oil Spill Impact Procedures and Establishment of Ecological Baseline and Monitoring (Task 4) of Institutional Strengthening of Oil Spill Contingency Management (INSTCOM) Project – Quality Assurance of Outputs appointed by the Chairman Marine Pollution Prevention Authority in March 2003.
• Reviewer of the QEF Initial proposals, IRQUE project, Ministry of Tertiary Education & Training.
• Member of the Regional Committee of the Human Rights Commission for the Southern Province Region, 1st December 2004 to 30th November 2006. Appointed by the Chairperson, Human Rights Commission of Sri Lanka.
• Elected member of the SEC / SLAAS on 2007.
• Member of the Coordinating Committee, Progress of Implementation of National Action Plan for Haritha Lanka Programme, appointed by the Secretary, Ministry of Environment on the nomination made by the Vice Chancellor, University of Ruhuna in 2010.
• External Faculty Board member at the Faculty of Natural Sciences, The Open University of Sri Lanka since November 2013.
• Member of the Judge Panel of the Best Entrepreneur Award organized by Hambanthota District Chamber of Commerce (HDCC).
• Member of the Advisory Board – Alumni Association of the University of Ruhuna – Colombo Chapter established on 15.11.2014
Contribution to the Development of the University Education / Extra curricular Activities :
• Student Counselor - Faculty of Science, University of Ruhuna from October 1986 to 1989, from September 1995 to April 1996 and from July 2006 to date.
• Chief Patron Zoological Society of the Univ. of Ruhuna since its inception in 1992 to date.
• Member of the Curriculum Development Committee Faculty of Science, University of Ruhuna from 1993 to 1995.
• Member of the Handbook Committee Faculty of Science, Univ. of Ruhuna from 1994 to 1995.
• Senior Treasurer - "Wirusisu Foundation", Faculty of Science, University of Ruhuna from 1994 to 1996.
• Senior Treasurer - Science Student Union, Faculty of Science, University of Ruhuna from 1994 to 1996.
• Chairman of the Course Unit development Committee of the Faculty of Science, University of Ruhuna from 2000 to June 2001.
• Member of the Executive Committee of the Staff Development Centre of the University of Ruhuna for a period of two years with effect from 01.02.2001, appointed by the Vice Chancellor, University of Ruhuna
• Member of the Organizing Committee of the Second Science Symposium, Faculty of Science, University of Ruhuna held in August 2004.
• Member of the Science Faculty Scholarship Committee, University of Ruhuna from 01.01.2005 to 31.12.2006.
• Editor in chief of the Third Science Symposium, Faculty of Science, University of Ruhuna held in November 2005.
• Chairman of the Fourth Science Symposium, Faculty of Science, University of Ruhuna held in 2006.
• Member of the Editorial Board of the Ruhuna Journal of Science (by annual research journal of the Faculty of Science, University of Ruhuna) since its inception to date.
• Science Faculty Representative of the Organizing Committee / Editorial Board of the Forth Academic Session and Third Vice-Chancellor’s Awards Ceremony, University of Ruhuna held in January 2007.
• Senior Treasurer of the Buddhist Society of the Faculty of Science, University of Ruhuna academic year 2006/2007.
• Elected member of the Editorial Board of the Ruhuna Journal of Science (2007 – 2008) and of the 5th Science Symposium to be held in November 2007.
• Evaluator of Technical Session B – Frontiers in Food, Animal and Nutritional Sciences; National Symposium 2008, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Ruhuna, 23 – 24th October 2008.
• Evaluator of Technical Session C – Innovations and Technologies; Second National Symposium, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Ruhuna, 10th September 2009.
• Evaluator of the Session 1A – Engineering, Medical & Biological Science of the 5th Academic Sessions, University of Ruhuna held on 5th March 2008 at the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences, University of Ruhuna.
• Advisory Board member, member of the editorial board and Chairperson of session C3 – RISTCON 2015 held on Jan 22nd – 23rd 2015.
• Chairperson, Session A – Medicine, Zoology & Fisheries Science RISTCON 2014 held on 22nd & 23rd Jan 2014.
• Member of the Research Committee, Faculty of Science 2007 to date.
• Member of the Board of study since 2012 to date
• Member of the Course Coordinator Committee
• Science Faculty Committee of Ruhuna University Wanshakathawa.
• Chairperson of the Committee appointed to Prepare a General Guideline for Temporary staff
• Chairperson – M. Sc. Degree Programme Development Committee, Faculty of Science.
• Patron – Birder’s Club, University of Ruhuna
• Member of the Judge panel – Student centered learning Exercise – B. Sc. Level I students Titled – Phylum Mollusca, conducted on 20th September 2014
Department of Zoology,
University of Ruhuna
Tel : +94 41 2227025 /2 Ext 4801/2