Special Degree Programme
Special Degree Programmes are offered in Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Zoology. Students will
be selected for these programmes based on their academic performance.
Each Department of study will decide on
the number of students to be enrolled into Special Degree Programme depending on its requirements and available
facilities. All Special Degree Programmes shall be of four-year duration.
Criteria for Selection to a Special Degree programme.
- A student shall be eligible to apply if he /she has fulfilled the Following requirements at the completion of the Level II of the General Degree:
- (a) a minimum of 60 credits,
- (b)grades of C or better from theory aggregating to a minimum of 60% credits from each subject,
- (c)grades of D+ or better in all practical course units,
- (d) a GPA of 2.00 or more (The GPA is calculated using the formula in section12.2.3), and
- (e) grade B- or better for 80% of course units of the subject to be specialised.
The selection of a student shall be determined by the respective department of
study in an interview and shall be based on the following:
- (a) performance of the student in the selected subject of specialization at Levels I
& II of the General Degree Examination,
- (b)performance in the other subject(s) offered at the examinations referred
to (a) above and
- (c)the general aptitude and application of the student.
- The decision of the Dean of the Faculty shall be final and conclusive.